Summersider Forum Index Summersider
Summerside, Scarborough

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is your favorite local resturant?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Summersider Forum Index -> Summersider - General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liam

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: What is your favorite local resturant? Reply with quote

Hi All,

So what is your favorite local resturant, any hidden gems around here?

My wife and I love the Teriyaki Experience located in the plaza next to the Wall Mart on Eglinton. Its in the plaza with the Star Bucks.

Unlike other TE's, they serve Calafornia Rolls & Miso Soup that my Wife and I are addicted to like Crack Cocaine :lol: . (We have never tried Cocaine, its just a figure of sheech)

I'm posting this because the resturant appears to be a bit isolated and never too busy and I don't want them to go out of business. It seems to be a nice healthy alternative to fast food. Check it out.

Liam & Thess
adrian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like chinese food....Formosa ....is very good.
It's in the plaza south/west corner of warden/eglinton.

The restaurant doesnt look too appealing but the food i give 2 thumbs up which is why i only do take out from there
katbean

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 star thai, on warden (781 Warden) is gooood thai food. Very Generous portions and super inexpensive.
plus you can get a $50 dollar gift certificate right now at : http://www.dine.to/giftcertificates.php for $37.
lon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krispy Roll, east side of Warden, just south of Eglinton (close to 7 star Thai). This is a thai/vietnamese resturant, great food, prices and fast service. Try the dinner special for 2 - comes with 2 spring rolls, big bowl of wonton or hot and sour soup, beef, chicken or shrimp pad thai, and sauteed veggies - all for $20! Deal!
headachefree

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imperial Buffet beside Cinplex http://www.imperialbuffet.com/

$21 dinner with Alaska crab legs and a lots of other dishes. My wife only eats crab legs every time we go.

They also have free birthday meal with photo ID if you bring along at least one friend.

I just received a couple of buy 1 get 1 free coupon last week in the mail, gonna to use them soon.
Liam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank's guys for your infos.
My wife and I went to Imperial Buffet Sunday for dinner. Great foods especially the crab legs. Funny thing was when we handed the server our coupon , our server had a huge laugh because apparently, 80% of the people he served at his area had coupons with them. I wonder how many of us live at Mattamy. Laughing
We will definitely give it a try with the other places that was mentioned here.
Cheers!
Liam & Thess
Adam

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We went to see 7 start Thai but didn't want to go in because it was SO empty at the time.
Also, does anyone know if there is an LCBO near by? The closest we found was Victoria Park & Danforth area.
Phil

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam wrote:
We went to see 7 start Thai but didn't want to go in because it was SO empty at the time.
Also, does anyone know if there is an LCBO near by? The closest we found was Victoria Park & Danforth area.

There is an LCBO at Eglinton/Vic Park. It's in that plaza with the Bay and Metro, near the food court.

Phil

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't forget Lick's! It's beside the BestBuy at Warden & Eglinton.
Phil

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

katbean wrote:
Can't forget Lick's! It's beside the BestBuy at Warden & Eglinton.

I will second that!

Phil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have picked up Greek food from the place near the movie theatre - it's pretty good! We've also ordered and picked up from the Mandarin (a little further east of Warden on the north side of Eglinton) - the containers are good for reusing! Smile Smile Smile

One thing I haven't found is a good All-Day breakfast place (or a good place for a Sunday brunch) -- we've tried the Wimpy's along St. Clair (a short drive east of Warden)

Any other suggestions?
katbean

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's the wexford at Warden and Lawrence - it has been around for like 20 years and they have pretty good all day breaksfasts.
PaulGTi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like spicey Hakka food, i suggest a restaurant called Chung Muoi located on Eglinton just west of Kennedy. Try the garlic chicken.
Bon apettit
asia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kelsey's at Warden/Eglinton isn't bad but since the Boston Pizza opened up in the Best Buy/The Brick plaza, I prefer that much more. Very clean, friendly staff, good variety on the menu and decent prices.
shilpimakol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres another Hakka Cuisine, I think its called "Wok with u", its in the plaza next to 7 Star thai cuisne.. the food is pretty good and very Generous Portions

Shilpi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Summersider Forum Index -> Summersider - General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: